In the News
- America’s Radioactive Secret: By JUSTIN NOBEL- Oil-and-gas wells produce nearly a trillion gallons of toxic waste a year. An investigation shows how it could be making workers sick and contaminating communities across America
- Murphy administration rejects Transco NESE pipeline under Raritan Bay
- DEP Denies Permits for Natural Gas Pipeline under Raritan Bay
- N.J. just blocked a controversial pipeline in Raritan Bay’
- Firm to reapply for permits to build northeast pipeline
- Murphy administration rejects Transco NESE pipeline under Raritan Bay (MyCenralJersey.com)
- Murphy administration rejects Transco NESE pipeline under Raritan Bay (northjersey.com)
- Franklin Township: Council celebrates denial of NESE pipeline, state fire safety poster contest winner and passes an ordinance to remove committee members
- SC: NESE Denial Shows Power of Grassroots Unity
Latest VideosAlso watch “Surfers Fight the Williams Pipeline on Bloomberg
Natural Gas Compressor Stations Worry Others, too. The threats are real!
Overview of NESE and specific concerns for Old Bridge & Sayreville
Kirk Frost – Princeton Student Climate Initiative
Food & Water Watch Forum in South Brunswick (9-14-17)
- Jeff Tittel – NESE Pipeline and Compressor Station: Chokepoints and Tactics
- Patty Cronheim – Natural Gas Pipelines & New Jersey
- Barbara Cuthbert – Overview of NESE Proposal & Permitting Process
FTTF Forum (2-27-17)
- Dr. Subra – Potential Environmental, Public Safety and Human Health Impacts Associated with Natural Gas Compressor Stations
- Jeff Tittel – NSEP Pipeline and Compressor Station: Chokepoints and Tactics
- Kirk Frost – Franklin Township Task Force (FTTF) Steeting Committee Presentation
- Patty Cronheim – The Disturbing Truth About Natural Gas and NJ
- Debbie Mans – Impact of Williams/Transco NESE on Raritan Bay
Health Forum – (3-18-17)
NYNJ Baykeeper Forum in Keyport (7-13-17)
- Patty Cronheim – Rethink Energy NJ
- Barbara Cuthbert – FTTF
- Debbie Mans – Baykeeper & Executive Director NY/NJ Baykeeper
- Junior Romero – Food and Water Watch
- Informational Handout
Resolutions of Townships opposing NESE & LetterS from Senator Cory Booker and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman
- Letter from Senator Cory Booker to the Chair of FERC
- Letter from Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman to the Chair of FERC
- Princeton Township Resolution (8-7-2017)
- Hazlet Township Environmental Commission Resolution (4-17-2017)
- Franklin Township Environmental Commission Resolution with Council Endorsement (3-15-2017)
- Franklin Township Environmental Commission Resolution (3-6-2017)
- Franklin Township Board of Health Resoution with Council Endorsement (2-14-2017)
- Rocky Hill Township Board of Health (1-31-2017)
- Montgomery Township Council Resolution (11-3-2016)
- Franklin Township Council Resolution (9-13-2016)
- South Brunswick Township Council Resolution (7-26-2016)
Township Resolutions Expressing a Need for a Health Impact Assessment
- Franklin Township (4/24/18, PDF)
- Montgomery (5/3/18, PDF)
- South Brunswick (5/8/18, PDF)
IN THE NEWS
Please review the letters to the editor that were published in TAPinto. Similar letters were also published from the end of July to August 2 in the Franklin Advocate & Reporter.
July / August 2018 Series of letters to the editor – concerns about NESE & what you can do
- Natural Gas Pipelines Fail & Explode.
- Compressor Stations release toxic chemicals into the air. These are known to impact health.
- Sea level rise and extreme weather events are linked to increases in greenhouse gases. Read below about associated costs to health & property.
- Construction threatens wildlife and habitats on land and in the bay.
- Approval of natural gas facilities and pipelines by FERC does not emphasize protecting us.
- Stop the Garden State from Becoming the Pipeline State – Who will Protect Us?
Other News Resources
- As Feds Stifle Public Comment Process, Citizens Rally Against Proposed Compressor Station in Franklin