TIMELINE OF REGULATORY PROCESS
The NESE project is currently in the “Application” period. Williams/Transco submitted their Application in March 2017, and FERC published their Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) on March 23, 2018. Williams/Transco has been asked by FERC to provide more information – some, by the end of the “comment period” – May 14, 2018, and some later.
The company hopes to receive the “Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity” from FERC in December 2018. Before they start any actual construction, however, they need permits from the states of NJ, NY & PA.
The timeline for the NESE project that shows prior activity as well as anticipated future actions is shown below. Attached are documents explaining the actions by FERC as well as the NJDEP that allow for public review & input.
IMPORTANT ACTIONS TO TAKE NOW
- Register as an Intervenor & Send Comments
We are at a critical time now. Publication of the DEIS triggered a comment period – People have until May 14, 2018 to register with FERC as an Intervenor and send comments to FERC. All comments to FERC should also be forwarded to the NJDEP. Download instructions here.
- Show up at FERC’s “Public” Comment Sessions
FERC has scheduled “public” comment sessions where people can tell their concerns and requests to a person who records what is said. This is done 1:1 (not in public). The NJ meetings are scheduled for 5PM to 9PM. Go any time to have your voice heard & show that you care.
- April 25, 2018 in Old Bridge at the George Bush Senior Center
1 Old Bridge Plaza – Old Bridge, NJ
- May 2, 2018 in Franklin Township at the Community/Senior Center
505 DeMott Lane – Somerset, NJ
Williams Application Documents
- 2017-08-10 Williams/Transco reply to FERC data request
- 2017-06-30 Updated Supplement (resource, sediment, coastal, compressor, etc.)
- 2017-06-30 Williams Response to May 11 FERC request
- 2017-06-19 Landowner NJDEP Permit Application Notifications with limited time for response
- 2017-06-06 Williams revised documents
- 2017-06-01 Williams supplemental information
- 2017-03-27 Williams application for certificate (CP17-101) documents
- FERC – DEIS, FEIS, Certificate Order
- Federal, State, and Local Agency Permits and Approvals for the Project
- Handout from September 14th Information Meeting
Handouts to Print & Share