Approximately 2,000 mailed and emailed letters were sent to the NJDEP requesting fact-finding meetings (“hearings”) on the water quality permit applications submitted by Williams/Transco on June 20, 2018. THANK YOU!
NJDEP has started their review of the applications and, on July 18, 2018, they sent a letter to Williams/Transco and FERC identifying deficiencies with the applications.
NJDEP has one calendar year to grant or deny the permit applications that they received on June 20, 2018, and Williams/Transco now expects to hear the decision in April 2019.
Since NJDEP has 90 days after holding fact-finding meetings to issue their decision, we are anticipating that the fact-finding meetings will be scheduled in the winter of 2018 once they have adequate information for the application reviews. However, the meeting could be sooner. We’ll let you know when we learn more. Stay tuned!
- NJDEP staff will facilitate the meeting at a place that can hold many people.
- People usually get 3 minutes to speak at a microphone in front of the group about their concerns, and a stenographer records it. It’s not like the FERC meeting where you went into a separate room.
- Pre-written comments can be submitted at the meeting & can be sent after the meeting.
- We do expect that pro-NESE people will be there to voice their support (like they were at the FERC public meetings), so we want to have many concerned folks there to tell NJDEP why we do not want NESE.
- It’ll probably start around 5:30 PM. However, you can come later. If you want to speak, you will need to sign-up at the meeting to do this.