FERC issued an update regarding meeting with Transco along with Agencies EPA and NJDEP.
Despite the Transco update, included below the meeting notes, does not address all of the stated FERC requirements, FERC has decided it will move forward with issuing the schedule soon for the DEIS. FERC decided to decouple the General Conformity requirement from issuance of the DEIS.
What this means is that FERC does not want to bother waiting for details and specifications of the construction emissions in order to provide a more accurate environmental impact statement. FERC is choosing to wing the DEIS instead of demanding more details from Transco.
Missing data for proposed Compressor 206
- Emission details missing for meeting General Conformity requirements
- No emissions data for added compressor at STA200
- No analysis on CS206 Exhaust volume & heat output for each 50′ smokestack
- No evaluation of heat recovery system to reduce heat output
- No validation of chemical emissions from CS206
- No Health Impact analysis from chemical emissions
- No 25 year chemical emission contamination projection and analysis for future reservoir site adjacent to proposed CS206
Included in Transco March 27 Application to FERC are the estimates that the proposed compressor will emit 29,580 lbs of Ammonia, 320 lbs of HCHO3, 44 lbs of Acetaldehyde, 6 lbs of Acrolein, 14 lbs of Benzene, 34 lbs of Ethylbenzene, 32 lbs of Propylene Oxide, 142 lbs of Toluene and 70 lbs of Xylenes per year continually on a year over year basis.
These toxic chemicals have known impact on environment and human health. Additionally, these are estimates from Transco with no independent validation from existing Transco Compressor stations that already have MARS 100 compressors such as STA 515, STA517 and STA520 (in PA).
What can you do today? Send a note to EPA, NJDEP and FERC to let them know it is unacceptable to proceed with an environmental impact statement without the details and analysis to perform an accurate environmental impact statement. Without this data and analysis, DEIS is not legitimate. Need more information? Contact stopftcompressor(at)yahoo(dot)com.