NJDEP scheduled a Hearing for the Wetlands Permit Application for NESE and Compressor Station 206. See the attached notice.
Show up to let NJDEP know what you think about the proposed Compressor Station 206 & the pipeline in Sayreville & Old Bridge that is planned to also go through Raritan Bay.
DATE: Monday, November 5, 2018
STARTING TIME: 6:00 PM
PLACE: Franklin Twp. High School – Auditorium – 500 Elizabeth Ave., Somerset, NJ 08873
- NJDEP staff will facilitate the meeting.
- People usually get 3 minutes to speak at a microphone in front of the group about their concerns, and a stenographer records it. It’s not like the FERC meeting where you went into a separate room.
- Pre-written comments can be submitted at the meeting & can be sent after the meeting.
- We do expect that pro-NESE people will be there to voice their support (like they were at the FERC public meetings), so we want to have many concerned folks there to tell NJDEP why we do not want NESE.
- You do not need to be there at 6:00, but if you want to speak, you’ll need to sign-up when you arrive.
Then, NJDEP will give a time period and address for sending them more written comments.
NJDEP has 90 days after holding fact-finding meetings to issue their decision.
From another hearing, NJDEP provided the following directions:
PUBLIC HEARING RULES OF CONDUCT
The purpose of the hearing is to gather public comment from anyone who wishes to speak. Any action taken by any person that prevents the public from commenting is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Anyone who violates these rules of conduct may be removed from the hearing.
The Department thanks you for your cooperation and participation in this public process