Click here to review new applications
Previously, on November 26, 2019, Williams/Transco withdrew applications for a section 401 Water Quality Certification and permits pertaining to Freshwater Wetlands, Flood Hazard Area, Coastal Wetlands, and Waterfront Development from the NJDEP.
NJDEP has 20 working days (counting the date of receipt as day #1) to issue their decision that the applications are one of the following, and their decision is expected on or before February 18.
- Technically + Administratively Complete (thus, “complete for review” as of the date they were received)
- Administratively Complete but Technically Incomplete (NJDEP to specifying additional information required + deadline by which it must be submitted)
- Administratively Incomplete (NJDEP to return the applications)
- If the DEP does not issue their decision within the 20 working day timeframe, the applications are considered to be “complete for review” and this starts a decision timeline for a 90 calendar day review period that can be extended by exactly 30 calendar days with agreement by NJDEP and Williams/Transco.
Typically, there is a 30-day period for (a) comments and (b) requests for fact-finding meetings (a.k.a. public hearings) after the receipt of the applications is published in the DEP Bulletin.
- The next publication of the DEP Bulletin is expected on February 5 and, if the applications are listed there, that would mean that we have until March 5 to request hearings and submit comments.