Proposed Compressor Station 206
Franklin Township Task Force March 2018 Update
— Without Franklin Township resident involvement,
this project could soon become a reality. —
- Groups from New Jersey and New York City are having weekly meetings to coordinate for the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) release from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- FERC indicated it will release the DEIS in March 2018.
- Franklin Township Task Force (FTTF) published compilation of chemicals released by CS206 on a yearly basis and the health impacts. (See link https://www.scrap-nese.org/2018/03/22/nese-proposed-compressor-station-206-chemical-emissions/.)
How you can make a difference for Franklin Township
- Register as an intervenor on FERC & comment. (For instructions & sample comments, see link https://www.scrap-nese.org/2017-10-14-doc-less-intervenor-registration/.)
- Coordinate with FTTF to contribute analysis of DEIS (assist in reading and interpreting sections). Email stopftcompressor (at) yahoo (dot) come
- Learn and spread the word of the dangers from the project.
- Outreach to neighbors, friends and organizations
- Attend workshops and public hearings. Talking points will be provided.
Countdown to Compressor station being built