FERC has posted the Notice of Schedule for DEIS, FEIS and Authorization Deadline.
- DEIS – March 2018
- FEIS – September 17, 2018
- FERC Authorization Decision – December 16, 2018
FERC notes that “This schedule is predicated on Transco demonstrating a feasible and timely method for addressing general conformity, such that the final General Conformity Determination can be issued with the final EIS. If a schedule change becomes necessary for the final EIS, an additional notice will be provided so that the relevant agencies are kept informed of the Project’s progress.”
What this update means
- FERC has decided to move forward with a schedule. FERC also has incorporated some ‘buffer’ time prior to the issuance of the DEIS.
- It appears that FERC will continue to monitor Transco’s General Conformity updates.
- This also opens up the door for more input from legislators, Nongovernmental organizations and impacted residents prior to the DEIS issuance. Especially regarding the General Conformity. It also means that more comments to FERC pushing for filling in the gaps that we have identified can potentially influence FERC to seek more data and analysis.
What can you do?
If you do oppose this project and recognize the dangers it poses to your family, neighborhood and environment; then now is an impacting time to raise your voice to FERC, NJDEP, EPA and elected officials.
- Tweet to your elected officials and FERC to let them know this is not acceptable.
- Send comments to FERC (as a registered intervenor – include the text “I am a registered intervenor for docket CP17-101”). Sample below.
- Spread the word to get more people involved.
The more people and elected officials that get involved, the more likely FERC will listen and follow our raised issues. Additionally, the recent 12/29/2017 data dump has many flaws in the data and inconsistent with the summary data.