Excellent note from EELC today. Excellent results from Princeton University team efforts, I love seeing the motions to intervene and comments cascading in my inbox. Great news that Montgomery Township passed RESOLUTION #18-5-112 opposing CP17-101. Now we need them to post it to FERC.
There are only 10 days including today. Several communities have stated they will try to get comments in from their communities. If anyone has questions or wants clarifications, send it out to the team (stopftcompressor [at] yahoo [dot] com) and you will receive a response. Surfrider has great comment suggestions and our team has provided a few. If you have not submitted comments and you are on this distribution list, please make those comments now.
Good attributes for comments:
- I oppose this project, I am a registered intervenor.
- How it directly impacts you – this will impact people in many different ways even people not in PA/NJ/NYC and that is completely legitimate.
- Highlight areas where FERC decided not to assess impact or completely missed.
- Identify areas where FERC acknowledges impact as rational that this is currently a Public Threat (not a public convenience) until FERC assesses and mitigates impacts.
- Reject the notion that this DEIS statement reflects an actual draft environmental impact statement. It doesn’t.
Please also email NJDEP and ask why your elected officials have not sent comments after the DEIS. This is also their critical time to take a stand to protect New Jersey.